“Training and Enrichment that is constantly evolving to meet the realistic needs of non-human primates in laboratory settings.”
What is Primadaption?
Primadaption is a training and enrichment concept based on the idea that traditional or formal methods of training and enrichment for captive NHP are not always compatible with the resources that are available at many facilities, and therefore, it is necessary to tweak those methods so that it is possible to achieve the desired results within the set means. The ultimate goal is to create a realistic program that has room to change and grow, but is capable of being easily instituted at the specified facility.
- Jan. 30- Feb. 2 (arrival Jan. 29, departure Feb. 3)
- Mar. 5- Mar. 8 (arrival Mar. 4, departure Mar. 9)
- May 7- May 10 (arrival May 6, departure May 11)
- Spring 2012: $1250 double room; $1450 single room
- Cost includes: tuition, materials, 5-night hotel stay, transportation while in FL (not flight), and all meals except on Sunday arrival.
CEUs for AALAS Certification Registry?
- After completion of the workshop, all participants will have earned 24.0 CEUs.
[sws_button_icon_ui label=”Download Workshop Application” href=”/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Workshop_Application_Spring_2012.doc” ui_theme=”ui-smoothness” icon=”ui-icon-document” target=”_blank”] [/sws_button_icon_ui]
[sws_button_icon_ui label=”Download Workshop Announcement” href=”/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/Workshop_Announcement_Spring_2012.pdf” ui_theme=”start” icon=”ui-icon-document” target=”_blank”] [/sws_button_icon_ui]
What will the workshop entail?
- “Enrichment” Section
- EE programs, Purposeful Enrichment
- Addressing Behavioral Issues
- “Training” Section
- Developing “Willing Workers”
- Hands-on Training with “Naïve” and “Previously Trained” NHPs
- “Taking this Back to the Workplace” Section
- Obtaining “Buy-in”, SWOT
- Communication with Regulators
- Adapting to the New Guide
Instructors May Include:
- Stefanie L. Nelsen (PPI)
- Dr. William Singleton (ACTS)
- Paul Houghton (PPI)
- Dr. Joe Erwin
- Don Bradford (PPI)
- Laura Klekar (ACTS)
- Dr. Mike Stonerook (PPI)
For More Information:
Stefanie L. Nelsen